4/5 from 2586 reviews
Publisher : Alpha
ISBN : 1615648895
Release Date : Apr, 12 2016
Foraged delicacies have become the latest foodie obsession. Wild edibles collected by professional foragers are proliferating on the plates of top-tier restaurants because they offer novel and ultra-fresh sensations for the tongue, and they frequently taste more flavorful than farmed foods. For people seeking new food experiences and wanting to forage for themselves, Idiot’s Guides®: Foraging shows how to find wild edibles and when and how to harvest them. Includes 30+ tasty recipes that describe how to prepare these wild foods.
* Includes common plants all across North America.
* Covers positive plant identification.
* Multiple large, full-color photos identify each plant (including the mature plant, how it looks at various stages of growth, and how it looks at the right stage of growth for harvesting).
* Each entry gives facts on the plant's habitat, physical properties, which parts are edible, harvesting sustainability, preparation, storage, and poisonous look-alikes.
* More than 30 delicious recipes.
* Includes range maps and charts that list plants by habitat and by season.